Tuesday 20 May 2014

Windsor Castle, Stohenge & Bath Weekend Getaway ^_^v

Assalamualaikum...

this trip was during the Bank Holiday last 2 weeks...now I can only plan my trip when its public holiday on Monday...the Bank Holiday was from 3rd - 5th May 2014 but I went for this trip on 4th May...^_^v

its quite a long holiday and I didnt only spend my holiday at this places but also I have another trip to Cambridge on the 3rd May and later at night on the same day I had ghost tour around London...my trip time time were with 5 other friends of mine from Sheffield and London...wee~~

for now, its about my trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Bath first...hehe...Cambridge trip I will post it later ya! enjoy!~ ^^,

this trip AGAIN was a spontaneous plan from my bestie...she was browsing the internet and she saw an offer to go to Stonehenge & Bath...and thats where we started to look for best & cheap offer...at last we manage to find the best offer of £57 for 3 places: Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Bath at Students Tour website...when I browse it now, the fees is £47...OMG its cheaper than the one I bought last time!! uurgghh~~~ nvm @_@

its like a mini trip with whole lot of other stranger that will be in the same bus with you...I LIKE IT! and the best part is that the package come together with 1 tour guide...so no need to worry if we get lost...hehe...to book for this package you need to pay via online and also need to choose your pick up point...we choose Kings Cross station but we need to walk to York Way where the bus is waiting for us...

the first destination was Windsor Castle...it took us 2 hours to get to the Castle from London...we depart around 10am and we reached the Castle around 12pm...


part of the castle & Queen Victoria statue...


while walking towards the main entrance of the castle, the tour guide stop at this point...first we didnt realise it until he told us...can u detect whats wrong with the building??? its crooked!! and its called The Crooked House of Windsor :D no I didnt purposely took the picture like that...the building is really crooked :p

beside this house, there is another building beside it which if we look at the ceiling it might look normal...


(oh btw this is the whole group for the trip...there are some of them behind this pix...ngee~~)

but....


the pillar is not directly attached to the ceiling...there is a story behind it but I forgot...ngee~~


still on the way to the main entrance, we stumble upon of this Ancient Well...there is no story behind it...even the tour guide doesnt stop here for us to take photo...so we stop and quickly take pix...hehehe...


then we finally reach the main entrance of the castle...


we cant enter the castle...so we zoom it in... ^_^v


exactly infront of the main entrance, this is the view...this is where Queen Victoria had her morning walk with her car early in the morning when nobody is using it...and then when she finishes her walk then it will be open for the public...sadly we didnt have a walk because we are rushing and because its a hugeeee place to have a walk~~

the street besides the main entrance is called Park Street because this is where the car of Queen Victoria was parked...





this lane and each of the shop here has its own story and history~


last pix at the castle... :D

before we headed back to the bus, the tour guide brought us to the souvenir shop...to go to the souvenir shop, we pass thru the Windsor Bridge...




and thats the end of our trip to Windsor Castle...I didnt buy any souvenir here...hehe...

and then we depart to Bath...the journey to Bath was around 1 hour something...in the package that we bought online, the entrance fees to the Roman Bath was included...the ticket was given to us when we reached Bath...for those who didnt bought the entrance fees to the Roman Bath, they had their own walk around Bath...


while waiting for our tour guide to get our entrance tic from the counter, we took pic infront of a very big church exactly infront of the Roman Bath... ^^,

right after we got our entrance tic, we begin our exploration inside the Roman Bath...we were also provided with audio guide...




our tour guide offer to take this pix for us...how kind he is~ ^_*




hot spring...it is really hot...





these lady dress up exactly like how it used to be during the Roman era...they were selling perfumes actually...haha...


from the visual at the wall, it seems like this pond (I dont know what to call it) was one of the pond for the male to take a bath...



at the end of the journey, they provide us with the underground water...I taste it because our tour guide mentioned it earlier to us...but when I taste it!!!!!... @_@ o...m...g....its taste like iron!!! weekkk!! I just take a sip and then I throw it away...

from here then we depart to Stonehenge...


here we were given 1 hour and 30 minutes to explore the area...from the main entrance, there was a shuttle bus that bring us to the Stonehenge area...but I did saw many people walking towards the area...its not that far I can say from the main entrance to the Stonehenge area but if lazy to walk like we are :p its better to take shuttle....and btw I dont know whether you need to pay for the shuttle bus because the tix that we bought MAYBE already included with shuttle services...ngee~~ ^_^

to discover the area, we need to walk in a circular motion...and at every point, you can hear the explanation given by the audio guide...since we were so excited, we only managed to focus to the audio the first 15 minutes, then we were busy taking photos...hahaha...but now I know the history of it...but I would not mention it here because its already a long entry for me...kih3! 

overall, this trip really ease my tension away and also relax my mind as you know I am in the lab everyday from 9-6pm! fuuuhhh~~ I really like this short getaway ^_^v and I miss is it so much of all the happiness and the fun!

Bye~ ^_^v


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...