Sunday 28 September 2014

London Malaysia Night 2014

Assalamualaikum...


another big event that I just attend on Friday was 

MALAYSIA NIGHT!!


    
I am waiting for this event since last year because I missed it before...I was not in London yet when they held it...sob~ but this year Alhamdulillah, they held it nicely after my viva! ^_^v

the event started at 12 noon until 10pm and it was held at the same place where Eid Festival was held last month at Trafalgar Square...I went there with my bestie and we arrived there around 6pm...as usual, my first hobby when I attend this kind of event was to browse around...

  

  

  

    

there were so many stalls...most of the stalls were restaurants that can be found around London and a few stalls that portray about Malaysia such as Malaysian crafts and airline Malaysia...but there is particularly one food stall that attract my attention...


roti canai stall!!!
first when I saw this stall I thought that they will serve frozen roti canai exported from Malaysia...but NO! they made it fresh from scratch! the locals absolutely need to try this one of the authentic Malaysia signature foods that originate from India...nyumss~
I thought of wana buy this for my dinner but since the queue was too long, I move on to another stall...hahaha... :D


since my bestie already went to Malaysia Night last year, so she told me that this stall sell raw materials that are hard to find in London...

   

  

    
 so there were fruits such as Durian, Mangosteens, Rambutan, Jackfruit, Mata Kucing and Mango...mangosteen basket was empty! haha...

and there were also some vege such as Kangkung, Petai and Lengkuas

I didn't buy anything since I am going back to Malaysia soon...^_^v just browsing and feel the experience...hahaha...

while browsing around, the visitors were entertained with lots of performances...there were singing and dancing the whole time...there were dancing performance on Zapin, Joget Lambak, Sarawakian dance and many more~~pfftt...

    

but there is one performance that from my observation attract the audience attention the most...
Dikir Barat! 




for those who doesn't know what Dikir Barat is, here I attach the performance vid for all my lovely readers ^_^v  enjoy~

however, this is not the authentic Dikir Barat...the original Dikir Barat should be in Kelantanese slang (one of the slang in Malaysia)...but since that slang would be difficult to understand even to some Malaysian (including me  >.<) so they sang it without the slang...

last year my bestie said that it's difficult to find a place to pray since they didn't provide any space or tent for the muslims to pray so they pray beside the Malaysia Tourism stall...this time around I go and ask the staff personally...and she told me that maybe I can perform my prayer in the Tourism Malaysia office which situated just opposite of the road...to confirm it, she asks her colleague since it's past office hour...

based on her suggestion, we went to the office and rang a bell...and it works! haha...and so we perform our prayer there...


nice~! :D

back from praying, we went to hunt some food...and we end up bought some food from my bestie's aunt stall called Pelangi...

   

rice + sambal ayam...we sat at the fountain while enjoying the performances... >_<'

around 9pm, they announce the winner for the lucky draw! yes we submit our names as well...but that night is not my night...wuwuw~~ a local guy who just came back from Malaysia won a return flight ticket to Malaysia as the 1st prize!!!!!!! congratz to u! :D :D and there were 3 hampers as well were given...

the event ended with lucky draw...before we went back, we bought keropok lekor and pasembok as our supper from Pak Awi stall...

   

omg...I have been craving for keropok lekor for sooooo long! at last! hahaha >.<

had soo much fun! will come again next year insyaAllah...~

Bye~^_^v


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...