Sunday 6 April 2014

UKEC 2014 in London

Assalamualaikum...

on 30th of March 2014 UKEC or GRADUAN Careers Fair was held at Lancaster Hotel which is exactly behind the Lancaster Gate tube station ^_^

before the event, I had uploaded my CV in the organiser website so that if any of the company that join the event feels that I am their potential-future-employee, they can interview me straight away during the event...sadly, me and my bestie didn't received any email for any interview...I is so sad~~ T_T'


as you can see, most of the students who came here wore either suit or formal attire...but me and my bestie we wore plain t-shirt and old jeans! -_-' ngee~~

this is because most of them at least have one interview with the company that join the event...
oh btw the event is especially for Malaysian students who are in their final year...and MOST of the students who came the other day were undergraduate students...

now the pictures below will tell you why we didn't get any interview! huh~~ =_='



Banks including Maybank (not in the picture)
they are looking for either accountant or business related field...
I am not who they are looking for............................







and many more companies~~~

all of these companies also looking for either in investment, accountant or business related field as well...there is only one company which is EFP that are looking for Graduate Training Program without specifically point out any related field...so we apply for that program...ngee~~
conclusion: I am not who they are looking for as well..........................

I am not a fond towards investment and that kind of chain...but since the woman who was on that booth said that we can too apply for that program so we hand-in our CV just to get the goody bag! kah3...the main intention of my bestie came here was just to collect their goodie bag...since I am too attracted to the EPF goodie bag, so I hand-in my CV as well... ^_^' 
the best goodie bag also came from Nestle! I got few of their products inside the goodie bag...kih3!

the only booth that I spend more time were

***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***
***


these (including CCM, not in the picture) were the only companies that are related to our field except for Teach for Malaysia because anyone can sign up to be part of them...I didn't sign up because I am not looking forward to teach primary and secondary school...I want to be a lecturer ^_^v ameen~~

I was wondering as why Pharmaniaga or CCM didn't call or invite us for any interview...then when I saw the job vacancy that are available that made them came to this events were also related to pharmacy, accountant and business related field students...the vacancy that were available was Pharmacist (with valid license), Executive of Public Relation, etc....etc... :(

but when I approach Pharmaniaga booth and introduce myself as a pure biology student, he was intrigued by that and ask me and my bestie to hand over our CV to him as he said maybe they have positions that match with our qualifications...and we even attended their talk that afternoon for a short briefing of what they are offering...we were hoping that the new branch that they are opening at Saudi Arabia and Indonesia will give us an opportunity...but not now as they are still expanding their network at those sites...please pray for me~~ ^_^v

there was also a session with Dato' Seri Abdul Wahid Omar, Minister in PM Office in the afternoon for all MARA students...however, I was so disappointed as I expected that he would give a talk about anything pertaining to MARA and interacting with us the MARA students...however, he keeps on and on talks about accountancy as his background also ACCA...which is not related to most of us also lah!!! 


for a moment I was wondering am I in the wrong session or did I read the entire email sent by MARA for this session that might mention about "ONLY FOR ACCOUNT STUDENTS" lol...lol...lol... -_-"


right after Pharmaniaga briefing, we headed back to have our lunch...can you see those goodie bags?? that's what I earned throughout the event!
I was just hoping that they gave us a feedback form so that I can put my comments for future event...all I can say is that the event doesn't round up for all field but mostly concentrate on business, management, engineering, account and etc...science based??? NADA!


then we had our lunch at my bestie's aunt shop at Chinatown...I had nasi lemak (all time favvy whenever I came here) and also red fish as our side dish a treat from my bestie's uncle...huhu tq uncle!! *_*
oh btw I want to promote!! if you are in London or are coming to London and for those who wana try Malaysia Traditional cuisine, please..........please do come here...the name is Kuala Lumpur Cafe situated at Chinatown at first floor...price, service and food are TIP TOP!! (disclaimer: I am not being paid ^^,)

hoping that the organiser will improve certain aspects in their event...what is the point of having us the science students here in UK but we are not being recognise when these kind of event were held...please collaborate also with company that offer career and job related to science field students...tq! eh! haha...

Bye~ ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...